Sunday, March 02, 2008

MADD Candlelight Vigil

Sawyer & I lighting our candles at the MADD Candlelight Vigil on Saturday.
Lyndsey & Aleah lit Grandaddy's candle for him while Grandma was wrestling Sawyer in the row behind us.
Something different they did this year that I really appreciated was having everyone who lit a candle in memory of someone to go to the front and announce who they were lighting the candle for.


A special thanks to the Law Enforcement who were there to share this occasion with us. I went to them afterwards to introduce myself and say "THANKS" and the first guy I came to looked very familiar, but having met so many Officers, I didn't figure it out right away, and it was Jason, Tequilla's husband. I am so appreciative to all of the Law Enforcement for putting their lives on the line to protect and to serve. Especially when they have families and small children of their own. Thank you so much for all that you do. A lot of these guys were not "on duty" but they felt it a need to attend and show their support. "THANK YOU!!"