Friday, March 24, 2006

A cold day with wild hair!

On the morning of Thursday, Mar 23, my ever so wonderful husband decided to let me sleep in and he was going to take Spencer to school. I told them what clothes for Spencer to wear, and after everyone was ready they came in our room to tell me bye. At a glance, Spencer appeared to look presentable for school. So off Tim & Spencer go to school and work and I stayed in bed to get some rest. I ran my errands and Mom picked Spencer up from school. I actually managed to fit in lunch with Tim {which is VERY RARE}. After I finished all my running around, I went home. Not long after I got home Mom brought Spencer home. I ask him where was his jacket since it was a chilly 29 this morning, to which he replied, "Daddy didn't give me one this morning." He had on a long sleeve shirt and 2 t-shirts, so I guess that was suppose to compensate. As he turned around, his hair was standing straight out on the side. I ask him what happened to his hair, to which Mom replied, "It was like that when I picked him up at school." I could feel the embarrassment building. Spencer said, "Well Daddy put water on it this morning." Obviously it didn't work. So I made a quick phone call to Tim to ask what happened this morning....of course I got his voice mail and I left this message, "How dare you send my child to school without a jacket and with his hair standing out." Of course Tim said, "Well he had on 2 t-shirts and a long sleeve shirt."

The moral of this story is.....there's no rest for the weary. If you want it done and done right, DO IT YOURSELF!!

Have a good Friday!! ***HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIZABETH & ANTHONY!!!***

3 comments:

Cate, Hank, Brady & Owen said...

You should have posted a pic of his crazy hair!

Ashley said...

LOL! Don't you just love the "fatherly" touch. That totally sounds like Rob, especially the hair part. Emery could have super bad "bedhead" and Rob not even notice or think twice about it. LOL! Must be a daddy thing.

ginger said...

Love reading your cute stories! I'm sure Spencer looked adorable anyways. On Sunday I had my Spencer's hair spiked up on purpose and after church we were eating lunch and Grandaddy said, "Did y'all let that boy go to church with his hair like that. I look like that when I get out of bed in the morning" :) I got a kick out of it...I thought he looked cute...we were just trying something different :)