Saturday, April 15, 2006

Our Anniversary & An Egg Hunt



Today Tim & I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary. We started our day by taking Spencer to an Easter egg hunt at church this morning. Spencer found 10 eggs and then decided to call it quits. He played a game of egg relay and then had a snack. After the egg hunt we went to lunch at Red Lobster and ran a few errands. My emotions got the best of me while Tim & I were eating, and I started crying. I'm sure the people in there thought I was crazy, but sometimes I just can't help myself. We did enjoy our meal though. Then we went to get Spencer and headed over to Emery's 1st birthday party. We finally made it home around 9. We colored some easter eggs, left a snack for the Easter Bunny and then tucked Spence into bed. We thought we could somewhat settle down for the night when Diego decided to go pee in the floor outside of Spencer's door. So while we are trying to clean up his mess and take him outside, Spencer gets up with a nose bleed...of course, he had blood all over his pillow and sheets, so we had to do a quick cleaning of the bed. Our anniversary is almost over and we still have a lot to do. Our lives seem to be so fast moving lately. Things just aren't the same without Sullivan. Everything constantly remind us of him, and I'm sure it always will. Our lives will never be the same again, thank goodness for our memories. I just sat down the other day and watched the video from last Easter. It's so nice to hear his voice and see him and Spencer together. These things can never be taken from us. We just pray and keep going, that's all we can do.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSAY!! And thanks for spending it with us!! It means a lot. :)

ginger said...

hope y'all had a great anniversary! sounds like you did :) thanks for the easter ecard too!