Thursday, June 15, 2006

One Year Ago Today


It seems like just yesterday that Sullivan & Spencer were playing and having a good time. Here is a picture from one year ago. Allow me to enlighten you on this day...Spencer had been sick all week, so I had pretty much been inside with him all week, and Sullivan would occasionally go out to play for a few minutes. This particular day Sullivan didn't want to go outside, but Spencer decided he wanted to swim for a few minutes. We picked this zuccini whenever we went out. Sullivan stayed inside to watch "School House Rock" and had a bowl of popcorn. By the time Spencer and I got back inside, Sullivan had eat the whole bowl of popcorn and said that he didn't feel very good. We were headed upstairs for a nap when Spencer put his arm around Sullivan's waist and walked him up the stairs. He said, "Come on Suvy, I'll help you." How sweet was that? No one knew that we would suffer such a loss so soon after this day. I mentioned to Tim the other day that I didn't know how we could make it through Father's Day, and he says to me that if we can make it through the past year, we can make it through this weekend. We are walking, talking proof of power in prayer. Most of my days are a blurr, but all of them have prayer in it, usually more than once or twice a day.

This morning we went to approve the headstone for the cemetery before they started the engraving. It will be put up tomorrow morning around 9:30. For a bunch of letter on a stone, it sure was emotional for me. It still doesn't seem right and in NO WAY seems fair. I know not to question, but it so easy to ask why?!

We will keep you updated on the monument and post a picture as soon as it's ready.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

:) - Thinking of you this weekend...

Leslie Spradley said...

HEY, I HAVE JUST FELT SO UPSET THIS WEEK {WITH EVERYTHING GOING ON}. I TRIED TO FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF, AND THEN I CAME TO MY SENSES ABOUT HOW LUCKY WE ARE AND WHAT PEOPLE LIKE Y'ALL ARE GOING THROUGH WITH A LOSS OF A CHILD. YOU GUYS ARE AN INSPIRATION TO ALL AND VERY STRONG!! THIS WEEKEND IS GOING TO BE TOUGH, BUT TRY TO KEEP YOUR SPIRITS UP. WE MISS HIM VERY MUCH AND I HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT THINK OF HIM AND YOU GUYS ALL WEEK. WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU DAILY AND OF COURSE ARE ALWAYS HERE IF YOU EVER NEED US. WE LOVE SULLIVAN AND YOU GUYS VERY MUCH!

ginger said...

I have thought a lot of you today Tonya and Tim and want you to know that we love you and are always here for you. I can't begin to imagine anything y'all have gone through over the past year but we are forever here for support.

Cate, Hank, Brady & Owen said...

I have been thinking of you all this weekend. I pray that God gives you strength to keep going, and that He reminds you that your family will be reunited one day. We are here for you if you need anything.