Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Trek : Day One

How excited do they look? Boy if they only knew what they are in for. We met at church this morning to take everyone to Parson's Mtn for the Youth Trek. Everyone was excited, and a little apprehensive. We met around 11 and headed out of town. We stopped for lunch in Lexington and then got in Parson's Mtn a little before 3. We took everyone to register and to weigh in, and then were on our way to the handcarts. We walked what seems like forever. Tony Ashworth had warned us about the little green monkeys that would get on your back....GUESS who found one...ME! I stood around taking pictures of all the girls and chatting away, not realizing how hot it was outside and I had not had a whole lot to drink. Next thing you know I was about to "GO DOWN". Kelt volunteered to carry me back to my car, but I passed, she needed to save her energy. They had to get one of the leaders to take me to the base camp for water and also have the Trek Dr to come check me out. Of course, I was fine. I just needed some water and AC. How bad do I look, the President, not even going on the Trek, gets too hot and looks like a big "wuss". The trip home also proved to be very interested and scenic. We took a couple of wrong turns and finally made it home around 7:45. WHAT A DAY! Kelsey, Jordan, Holley, Amanda, Casey & Brooke
Moriah, Dale, Kenny, TJ, Tyler, Ben, Allen, Will, front row: Amanda, Holley, Jordan, Kelsey, Casey & Brooke

For those of you who do not know what a Trek is, it is a reenactment of the Pioneers in our early church history.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

LOL - Glad to hear you're doing better. They will have so much fun. Lots of great memories. Twice is plenty enough for me! But as you know, being in a calling for YW means many more times to come. :)