Sunday, February 04, 2007



Life is good on Shivers Green Road. Isn't it funny how something so small can rock your whole world?! Boy have we found that out. January has been WONDERFUL for us. We have added another beautiful son to our family. Here's how it happened...on the morning of January 12th, we went to the hospital for the induction. They broke my water around 9am and we waited to see what was going to happen. At 10 I was allowed to get up and walk, I was 1-2 cm. We walked down the hall and around the 4th floor. The best part of the walk was we got to walk with went with Paula, a friend of mine who had just delivered on Jan 10th {boy}. We discussed the birth of her son and just talked and walked and walked and WALKED! After about an hour we went back to my room for the nurse to check me. I was then about 4 cm and had to stay in bed for 45 minutes then could walk again. So that's what we did. After a second walk, which didn't last very long because I was hurting pretty good. My contractions were about 2 minutes apart and I was about 6 cm. dialated. They put me on my side because the baby's heart rate was dropping. I had asked for some iv pain meds since I was already 6cm because after 8 cm you can't have any meds. When I rolled on my side, I went from 6cm to 10 in a matter of about 2 minutes. I suddenly had the OVERWHELMING urge to push. The medicine did not work because I progressed so quickly. So I can honestly say that I felt everything. Yes it hurt, but it was all good. After pushing and waiting and pushing and waiting the Doctor determined that I had to have a c-section. He was afraid if the head came out the shoulders would be too big, blah, blah, blah. The only convincing thing was that the baby was in distress and I had to have the c-section NOW! So against everything I wanted we had to have a csection. I guess overall everything went very well. I had a wonderful hospital stay and could not be happier to have such a sweet and precious son! Our 2007 has definately gotten off to a good start! What a wonderful month!

4 comments:

Cate, Hank, Brady & Owen said...

Love all the pics, especially the one of Spencer and Sawywer together. So cute!

Anonymous said...

I was wandering when you were going to update...Nice pics!! I like the one of Spencer and Sawyer too.

ginger said...

i'm glad sawyer's here!! and ditto on the cute picture of spencer and sawyer...so sweet!

Leslie Spradley said...

Glad to see you updated! LOVE the pictures! Spencer looks like he just loves Sawyer! That pic of them is just adorable! I am so glad that everything is going so well! We think of yall everyday! We love You!