Monday, August 06, 2007

One Crazy Week


We have embarked on an adventure with a well known company to remodel our master bathroom shower. We noticed a leak in the dining room several months back and after discovering the problem was coming from our shower, we decided to go with someone to remodel it that could do all of the work at one time, in and out, once and done...YEAH RIGHT! Monday morning (7/30) they were suppose to be here at 8:30 to begin the remodel. But they didn't show up until after 1. I should have known from this was an indication as to how the week would progress.

First of all I woke up feeling kinda sick, and as the day went by I never felt any better. Then Tuesday was even worse. I took Spencer to school and then headed to WalMart to grab some groceries. I almost froze then whole time I was in there. So when I got home I changed my clothes and laid down for a few minutes. As the afternoon goes on, I felt even worse. My chest was hurting, but I just thought I had gotten engorged and it was just sore. Little did I know that I had developed an infection. After nearly passing out in the floor, I made a phone call to the Lactation office at the hospital. That turned in to a visit at my OBGYN office to get a rx. Apparently I have developed mastitis. YIKES! Let me be straight forward and tell you this HURTS!!!! I'll spare you all of the details, but believe me, you don't want it. Anyway, after getting this problem addressed and on the way to recovery, I still had to deal with a ripped out, half completed bathroom. Keep in mind that Tim and I have not used our bathroom since March. So by this point in the process, I'm beginning to get a little PO-ed! By the time Friday rolled around, my sweet smile and Mrs Niceness had completely worn OFF! I finally told the man that this work was not acceptable and if we need to involve an attorney, then so be it. He assured me that was not necessary. SO, we've started another week and the bathroom is still not finished and will not be finished for another 2-3 weeks. Oh, and did I mention the 3rd day into the MESS they call a re-do the guy ask me for a check???!! Yeah, OK! I assured him that we would discuss the money when the job was complete and we are 110% satisfied!
Did I mention that Michael killed a rattlesnake Thursday night in our back yard? It was pretty big and had 8 rattles, somewhere around 4-5 ft long. yikes! NO MORE RIDING BIKES TO GRANDMAS HOUSE!
Hopefully this week will get better. But so far it's questionable! Tomorrow is school registration :( I AM NOT READY!! Spencer either. I told him tonight that we were going to registration tomorrow and he said he didn't want to go to school. This should be an interesting year.






No comments: