Thursday, January 31, 2008

My thoughts for the moment

I started my out my day by taking Spencer to school, coming home to breakfast for Sawyer and I (mainly for me, he just wasn't interested). Then off to The Gressette Building at the Capital for the sub-committee hearing on Bill #3496 (DUI Bill). A couple of victims had a chance to speak, and then on to the bill. Several of the changes were discussed. Unfortunately, I didn't get to speak. However, I have a LOT to say. Apparently Senator Hutto thinks sometimes people make a mistake and get a first time DUI. But when you think about it, is a 1st time rape the same? Does this lessen the pain of the victim? NO! He repeated himself several times of using the word "mistake". The mistake is only for the driver who just happened to make the mistake of getting caught. I think this shows a lack of respect for victims. A drunk is a drunk and when they are driving it is a recipe for disaster. I have no sympathy for those who choose to drink and then drive. I do have sympathy for the families who a losing loved ones everyday to DUI crashes. SC is ranked 2nd in the United States for DUI. Wouldn't you rather see SC ranked #2 for education? I could go on and on, but I will spare you.

My next shout out goes to the clever one who decided to go into my email. The more I think about it and discuss it with others, the more offended I get. Have I not suffered enough crap (not the word I want to use)? I hope you are enjoying your time invading the privacy of others. I can however sleep at night knowing that I have done nothing to others like you are doing to me. Enjoy your fun while you can. It's amazing with a few calls what you can find out, and I know who you are and have confirmation of when and how you got into my email! :) I hope you enjoyed your time. It all boils down to jealousy, and I am so happy that you are jealous of me! Happy Squirming!!!